We have seen a significant spike in flu-like illness in our school community this week. I've included some statistics below. With this in mind we are postponing the RMS Dance that was scheduled for tomorrow (Friday). We will share a new date for the dance when we have everything in place. Our hope is that we will make it easier for those students, and their parents, who continue to have symptoms to stay home from school. We are also doing frequent wipe-downs of solid surfaces in the school and encouraging students and staff who are sick to stay home. Hopefully some sunshine and a three-day weekend will help our students get healthy and back on track.
Thank you for your understanding and be well!
Mike Lepene, Principal
Health Office Data for Week of March 4th-half of 7th
- Monday: 54 absent, 18 fever/flu
- Tuesday: 52 absent, 21 fever/flu
- Wednesday: 42 absent, 21 fever/flu
- Thursday: 46 absent, 19 fever/flu
- Fourteen students sent home sick with flu/fever in 4 days.
- Monday-Thursday (so far) 83 student visits and 39 have been cough/cold/flu like