November 24-28 - No School in observance of Thanksgiving (US)
December 2nd - 8:30 am - Parent/Admin Coffee
December 7th - 7 pm - Chorus Concert
December 9th - 7 pm - Band and Strings Concert
December 13th - 6:30 pm - PTO Meeting
December 14th - 7 pm - Band Concert
December 22nd - Jan 2nd - No school for winter break
We wanted to wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving break! In the interest of brevity, there are a few updates:
- Thank you to the PTO and everyone who contributed to teacher appreciation before the holiday. We are all very grateful for the support we receive on a daily basis from the community.
- Thank you to the student council and leadership class for organizing our Veterans Day celebrations and fundraising events. At last count the Run for Veterans had raised over $4900 to help homeless veterans in the Upper Valley Area.
- Our food drive for the Haven is complete, collecting 794 items to help make Thanksgiving better for families in the area. True to their words, Mr. Boyle and Mr. LaCrosse took their turns in the turkey suit - the agreed upon incentive for giving.
- In an effort to model the importance of rest and recharging, we are urging all members of the RMS community (students, staff, and parents) to unplug for the next 5 days - put an away message on your email - and enjoy time away from the building. As more and more research is revealing the long term health issues that derive from stress and the near constant pace of modern life, we hope to once again lead the way at RMS. Please join us in prioritizing healthy rest this week (it is, however, ok to check out the “other Tim Boyle,” as he starts for the Detroit Lions on Thursday). The one thing we can be sure of in the upcoming weeks is that we will all face multiple challenges, and rest will be important.
- In the spirit of the original meaning of thanksgiving (giving thanks), we wanted to thank our wonderful community for trusting us with your children and supporting us throughout the year.
Please enjoy this break. Stay safe, be well, and take care of each other.
School News & Information
Love to Cook? - We are searching for some help If anyone is interested in joining Austin and his crew (part time position, during the day), we are looking for some help in our cafe. Come join the fun!
Updated menu TBA.
If you have any questions, concerns, or dietary restrictions please contact Austin Jacobs.
RMS does offer a lunch program for families who may need assistance or special needs. Please contact Robin Morley-Ploof in the office for more information.
Quiz Bowl Results!
The RMS QB Tournament Team (QBTT) competed in the HHS GHOST High School event Saturday, Oct. 30th. This 10-round event had NH HS teams facing off against Vt. HS teams. RMS was the only MS team to compete in this HS Tournament.
Richmond A finished with an 8-2 record, and Richmond B closed the day with a 6-4 record.
FYI: Hard to believe, but this was the first in-person QBTT tournament event since Dec. 2019.
Congrats to all students on both teams! Richmond A: Ray Menkov-Captain, Martin Mosdal-Captain Kastner Anderson, Greta Brown, Elliot Hamilton, Safir Mehra.
Richmond B: Chris Chor-Captain, Nelson Barbaras, Ben Hourdequin, Rohan Novosad.
2 more tournaments are on our calendar before the end of 2021. We've got this! #GoRMSQB
Dungeons and Dragons/Magic The Gathering Club
The second meeting of this group will take place on Monday November 29th from 3:00-4:00. We are looking for any adults that have experience as a "dungeon master" that might be interested in helping out. Contact Mr LaCrosse.
From Student Council
Lots of activities coming in December.
RMS Health Office Updates
Prescription Medications Does your child need to take a prescription medication during school hours? Students must keep all prescription medications in the health office and have a signed medication form as well. The medication form and additional information can be found here: Health Office Website
Volunteer News - Student Tutoring Program Is your child interested in tutoring fellow students at HHS or RMS? Would your child benefit from some peer tutoring? We are in need of students to sign up. Math is in high demand and we now have a few Dartmouth students available to tutor. Please contact me if you would like more information.
Volunteer Sign Up
SAU 70 requires that ALL volunteers in the district complete the Volunteer Application Form. This link will direct you to the form, and details the Volunteer Background Check Process.
The SAU 70 district needs substitutes. Would you like a taste of the best job in the world? We would love to have you join us occasionally in the school. If you are interested in being a substitute teacher, you can apply for the role on the SAU70 Job Listings. Please reach out if you have any questions.
SAU 70 Volunteer Coordinator
Links to parent resources aimed specifically at Middle School aged students. How to talk to your student about gender RMS is committed to building an inclusive school environment, and beginning discussions around identity for all students. This article can help you join those discussions with your student.
PTO Bulletin Board
PTO Friday Focus News for November 23rd, 2021
Thank you to everyone who contributed to teacher appreciation. We were able to work in a way to show appreciation for all staff and bus drivers on the Tuesday before break. Thank you.
Please join the PTO at our NEW Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/RMSPTOFB (this is different from, and replaces, the previous PTO FB Group.)
“Together We Read” Book Discussion on Monday, January 24 Save the date for a parent and child book discussion of All Rise for the Honorable Perry T. Cook by Leslie Connor. Erin Davidson, the Children and Youth Library at the Norwich Public Library, will moderate. Information about a group book order coming soon. Have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!
The RMS PTO